"We are here for you and to support you"
Parent Community Coordinator (PCC)
STUDENT, FAMILY, AND SCHOOL SERVICES
Serving Blair HS, Takoma Park MS and Takoma Park ES
I can help build and strengthen positive relationships with families and work collaboratively with school leaders, staff, and community organizations to develop and implement family engagement activities.
I support families by guiding them through the school system, helping to build their ability to advocate for their student’s academic success, especially those who may be facing language, cultural or economic barriers.
To inform, educate and increase skills of parents and guardians-impower them-to advocate for their students and their success.
“Please check the resources page for valuable links
Examples of how I can assist:
- Serve as a home-school liaison creating two-way communication to help families get the information, tools, and knowledge they need to engage in and support their student's academic and social success.
- Connect families to school and community resources that provide help with basic needs and vital services.
- Support families in meetings to address academic, social-emotional, health and attendance concerns.
- Support families at parent-teacher conferences, back-to-school nights, and other school-wide activities.
- Help families understand MCPS educational programs, curriculum, services, policies and procedures.
- Provide a positive and welcoming orientation for families of newcomer students.
- Facilitate and promote MCPS Parent Academy classes.
- Provide families with strategies and skills to support student learning at home and in the community.
Email me: Farzaneh_nabavian@mcpsmd.org
Call/text me: (240) 506-8576
Student, Family and School Services
Office of School Support & Well-Being